Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Recipes I Want to Make Again

Is everyone ready for the New Year? I’m looking forward to all of the recipes I plan to share with you, plus the ones I haven’t discovered yet.

I love food blogging. The only drawback is I’m always trying new recipes, so I don’t often get to go back and make my favorite ones from the past. Once I post a recipe, I’m on to a new one.

 
 
Here are my favorites from 2012…some of which I’ve made over and over and others I plan to fit into the menu planning again soon!

 
 
 
 
Needy People Chicken Soup: I’ve made this one a lot. Actually, I make my thrown-together chicken soup and add Asian flavors inspired by a Nigella Lawson recipe. Yummm.

 

 
 
 
 
 
Pimiento Cheese: I love this creamy-chunky spread, and this Canal House Cooking recipe is perfect.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Orange Marmalade Teacake: Perfect to go along with a winter cup of tea…or coffee at breakfast!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ina Garten’s Mexican Chicken Soup and Chicken Piccata: Two great dishes from the Barefoot Contessa.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oven-Baked Pork Chops: I make these all the time!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Birthday Baked Beans: No one of my favorites, but my husband, The Picky Eater, loves this dish!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Coffee Cup Chocolate Cake: I make this one a lot when in need of a comforting chocolate treat.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich: This is the ultimate!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fresh Fruit Supper:  A taste of summer any time of year, but best with fruit from the farmer’s market.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mini Meatloaves and Slow Cooker Meatloaf: Both are favorites in this household!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Snap Crackle Crunch Ice Cream: I may not be able to wait for summer to make this one!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Roast Chicken a la Julia Child: One of my all-time favorite dinners.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Pot Roast: My husband’s all-time favorite Sunday Supper!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: I think this recipe will show up a lot this winter.

 

 
 
Wow, picking my favorites was hard since my mood often dictates what my appetite desires, so this list could be different from day to day.

Here is my New Year’s Resolution to you: I promise to create a recipe index to make it easier for you to find my past recipes. Stay tuned.

Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve. I hope 2013 brings you all your heart desires!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, Happy New Year! What a great roundup of recipes from the past year. They are definitely worth revisiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Linda! I, too, find that returning to tried and true recipes is difficult when blogging ... it IS always a matter of balancing the new recipes with time for returning to good ones I've made in the past.

    I look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2013! make it a good year! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea of "recipes I'd make again". I pinned that coffee cup cake and it get more repins than about anything. I also love mini-meatloafs. I think it's my greatest food blogging find. Chicken picatta is one of my go-to weeknight meals, however, I've never tried Ina's recipe. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great round-up of recipes here! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll make these for Christmas eve. wish me luck

    ReplyDelete