Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mini Meatloaves



As I mentioned in my last post, I made mini meatloaves to go along with Madhur Jaffrey’s green bean recipe primarily because I know my husband, The Picky Eater, loves meatloaf. Since I had a feeling he would turn his nose up at the Eastern-inspired beans, these little meat morsels would ensure he had a good meal no matter what other exotic dishes his wife tried to get him to partake!


What I like best about these meatloaves is the shorter baking time. In less than 30 minutes, dinner is on the table! I served one to each of us, and The Picky Eater loved it so much he wanted seconds! That left one for sandwiches the next day, which is my favorite way to eat meatloaf!



Mini Meatloaves
Serves 4, or 2 hungry men

1 pound ground chuck
1 egg
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste

For topping:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place ground chuck into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just blended. Shape into 4 mini meatloaves on a baking sheet.

In a small bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients until well blended. Divide between the 4 loaves and spread over the top of each one.
 
Place the baking sheet into the oven a bake for 25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Linda! Mini-meatloaves! These are soooo cute. Isn't Worcestershire sauce a magic ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little mini-meatloaves. Meatloaf is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods - whenever I'm sick or down, especially in the colder months. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and perfect for the picky carnivore. Thanks for posting, I'm going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete